Senior User Researcher.
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher with 8 years + professional experience to join us.
The role would suit an experienced practitioner who is able to plan and lead user research activities in larger teams and on more complex services, aligning them with wider plans to inform a service.
Previous experience working with GDS or NHS service standards or in government or healthcare settings will be beneficial.
As a Senior User Researcher you will work on projects from Discovery through to Alpha stages and beyond, as well as looking at existing services.
You’ll be leading in championing user centred practices within teams and supporting other User Researchers.
You’ll work in a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with service designers to explore users needs/journeys and problems.
You’ll work to plan and undertake user research sessions followed by associated analysis and reporting to suggest either recommendations or completing further iterations.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone motivated to learn under their own direction, who has a great passion for their work, putting the user at the heart of everything they do, and who is keen to support others in their development too.
We could be a great match if you have:
- Substantial specialist knowledge of a range of research approaches including both quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Experience in leading research within an agile multi-disciplinary team with product owners, content designers, visual designers to devise programme of research.
- An ability to adeptly communicate findings to wider stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to plan, run and analyse internal and client-facing workshops.
- Experience across devices: desktop, tablet, and mobile, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
- Knowledge of GOV.UK and the Government Service Standard or the NHS equivalents.
- A detailed understanding of current guidance from WAI and GDS and be able to plan and organise User Research sessions for people with varying accessibility needs.
What will you be doing?
- Guiding and leading teams in their implementation of user-centred design.
- Planning, design, and preparation of a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of a project or programme.
- Carrying out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides, and moderating research sessions.
- Leading colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings, including working closely with analytics colleagues to create a rich picture of user behaviour.
- Communicating user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs.
- Working closely with product managers, designers, and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Building user-centred practices in an agile multi-disciplinary team.
Our core values focus on:
- Having an inclusive one-team ethos
- Acting ethically and with understanding
- A love of creative problem solving
- Always forward-thinking and learning new things
- Being friendly and honest with each other
So if our values match yours, we would love to hear from you.
£45-£55k based on skills and experience.
We are looking for someone who is based in the UK as you will need to be able to travel to Sheffield or other UK client sites as required. You will be working remote-first, but we also have an office in Sheffield where you can work from too.