We’re looking for a developer with a minimum of 3 years of commercial experience in Software Engineering, specifically with experience in using Kotlin, Scala or Java in production.
We’d love to speak to you if you have a passion for tackling software development projects of all sizes, working alongside technical architects to produce solutions, and liaising with clients to understand their needs and co-create amazing software solutions together.
In this role, you will be able to support the software development activity on a range of projects with a variety of clients. You will have a solid understanding of JVM languages, in particular with Kotlin, Scala or Java, having used these in live projects in the past.
Using your skills as an experienced professional you’ll have experience of development practices and be able resolve a range of issues in imaginative and practical ways.
You’ll be comfortable working as part of a wider team, and directly with clients. You’ll have an understanding of the pressures of client deadlines, budget limitations and existing technological restrictions.
Core skills for this role
The ideal person for this role will have:
- Practical experience of using Kotlin, Scala or Java in web-based projects
- Practical experience of using toolchains related to JVM technologies
- Experience working on software development projects and liaising with clients at a technical and non technical level
- The passion to do things in the best way, but finding compromise where required
As well as the above essential skills, you may also have:
- Experience of working with C# and .NET Core
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Experience of working with React and other front-end technologies
Hive’s core values focus on:
- Having an inclusive one team ethos
- Being friendly and honest with each other
- Acting ethically and with understanding
- A love of creative problem-solving
- Being forward-thinking and eager to learn new things
Hive IT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When applying, If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please don't hesitate to contact us on 0114 270 0669 or via the recruitment email address.
It really depends on you, but you can expect to be earning £25-£38k per year in this position.
We’re based in Sheffield, in the historic Beehive Works, a listed former cutlery works from the 1850s. You don’t have to be local though - as long as you can get to Sheffield, and to client locations, when needed, that’s OK. It’s also up to you whether you work from home or our studio, and how often - we’re completely flexible.
Working arrangements are flexible. Some travel to client sites and occasional nights away may be required.